More than just Bali? What About Nusa Penida?
If you feel like want to experience something else than just Bali, then go to Nusa Penida.
Nusa Penida is an island of Bali Province in Indonesia which located in the southeast of Bali Island in the sub district of Klungkung regency which consists of two other islands named Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Lembongan.
Nusa Penida is known as (pity to say) Dry Island, isolated & poor which there are no such things like tourism industry in Nusa Penida, so what is the special thing to visit ? Go on reading...
What to See?
One of the main reasons that tourists come to Nusa Penida is for the scuba diving . The best diving spots are around Batu Abah, Batu Lumbung, Batu Meling, Penida Bay and Toyapakeh.
Sampalan is the main town on Nusa Penida, with a busy central market area.
Not to missed Goa Karangsari (caves), the weaving village of Tanglad, and the breathtaking waterfall at Batukandik.
And last but not least : Crystal Bay – which become my fave beach in Nusa Penida -
A stunning white sand beach at Banjar Penida west of Sakti village on the north western coast facing Nusa Ceningan. Perfect clear waters and excellent snorkelling. Lovely white sand beach and a great place for a picnic. A truly idyllic spot and you are likely to have it to yourself apart for the odd local villager and maybe a diveboat offshore.
For you who having an extreme adrenaline, try your luck to do the hike & track, i cant promise an easy journey but well pleasant sceneries as a payback.
How to reach?
- Traditional Boat (jukung) from the Kusamba Harbor
- Speedboat or Ferry in the harbor of Padang Bai
- Some hotels in Candi Dasa provide a speedboat service too , just ask the receptionist for this service.
- Quicksilver - Runs daily cruises from Benoa Harbour in Bali to their monstrous pontoon which floats off the north western shore of Nusa Penida. The price offered including watersport activities.
- Like of being fancy ? Rent a private helicopter departing from Ngurah Rai Airport.
When your boat arrives in Toyopakeh, Nusa Penida, an amount of angkot drivers are awaits for the guests who like to rent their car (including the driver & gas – Rp 200.000 for 5 hours around the island – just bargain for suitable make sense price).