Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene #Norway
Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene (Det Hanseatiske Museum og Schøtstuene) is a museum in the city of Bergen, Norway.
The main part of the museum is located in Finnegården, one of the conserved wooden buildings on Bryggen in Bergen, Norway. The museum covers the Hanseatic period of time in Bergen.
This building was put up after a fire in 1702 when most of the city centre of Bergen burned down. The museum was started in a building owned the merchant J.W. Olsen in 1872. As the collection increased, another building, "Murtasken", was constructed from a drawing by the architect Conrad Fredrik von der Lippe (1833–1901) .
There is an authentic trading room in the museum including a merchant's office, sleeping places for the boys and a guestroom.
A little way away is the "Schøttstuene", for which the museum is also responsible. It was forbidden to use fire in the other buildings on Bryggen, hence all cooking of food took place here. All the items in the museum are original and have been collected from various farms on Bryggen by Johan Wilhelm Wiberg (1829–98) . His son, Christian Koren Wiberg (1870–1945) built up the museum which became the responsibility of Bergen municipality in 1916.